A place for creativity, technology, and exploration!
Auburns Maker Space is located within the new Auburn Community & Event Center at
Equipment within the space includes:
Epilog Helix Laser Printer, MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer, FormLabs Form 2 Resin 3D Printer, Brother Sewing and Embroidery Machine, Silhouette Cutter, Xbox Kinnect Scanner and a variety of hand tools.
Gear up this Winter for the most exciting after-school class around! Is your kid a maker? A tinkerer? An artist? An aspiring inventor or engineer? Join us at the Auburn MakerSpace on Mondays and/or Thursdays from 5:00-7:00 PM!
Ages 8-12 Fee: $40 per class series.
Make your own masterpiece! Each day brings a new project for you to Explore your creative side with paints, clay, and more! Here is where your imagination will soar! After STEAM means Science, Technology, Engineering, ARTS. Mondays, January 29-February 19.
Learn to make your own videos, just like your favorite YouTubers! Well show you how to film and edit your videos, add effects, and post them to our private channel to share with your family and friends! Plus, youll have a class full of collaborators to help choreograph that epic scene youve been planning! Thursdays, February 1-22.
Do you want to make your own jewelry? 3D print it! What about a hat that lights up, or a geometric art pin cut from wood with laser precision? We can make it! Join us to be a part of the next wave of fashion design and explore the fascinating world of e-textiles – make clothes and accessories that are sewn, washable, wearable, completely awesome! Thursdays, March 1-22.
Can you solve a mystery? Each week you will be given different clues and evidence to discover who committed the crime! Who knows, it could even be you! After all STEAM means SCIENCE, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics. Mondays, February 26 – March 19.
Future Builders! Sign up for this hands on class and learn the ins and outs of architecture, engineering, and more! Design your own buildings, model them, and tear them down! Mondays, March 26-April 16.
Have you mastered basic LEGO sets, and are ready to take things to the next level? Well explore LEGO Architecture kits, LEGO robotics, and even LEGO drones in this workshop series, perfect for the kid who loves to build, engineer, break apart, and rebuild! Thursdays, March 29-April 19.
NEW PROGRAM! Little STEAMers – Registration opens November 20!
The Maker Space is open for mini makers! Kids ages 4-6 and their parents are invited to try out the new Mini Makers workshops where kids will use their imaginations and get hands on in building, creating and making! Mini makers will combine Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math to create fun projects to take home.
Learn about light, colors, and fun! Enjoy the Makerspace with our kids and create a dazzling kaleidoscope to play with! Youll never see the world the same way again! Tuesday, February 27. 10-11:00 AM.
– Create a motorized coloring machine! Watch it jiggle and move across the page and help your little one create unique drawings to play with! Tuesday, February 13. 10-11:00 AM.
– Build a bird house in the Makerspace! Using the Laser Cutter we will cut out pieces that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle and put together a little home for our feathered friends. The we will decorate them to express your childs creativity. Tuesday, March 6. 10-11:00 AM.
– Come have fun with your little one in the Makerspace! Get messy and help your child make kinetic sand and glitter slime that you can take home with you. Lots of tactile and visual fun. January 30, 10-11:00 AM.
– Whether you want the perfectgift for someone special in your life or a charming accent to brighten your office, this workshop teaches you how to construct colorful geometric art from thread, nails, and a board laser-etched with a custom message! Get hands-on with our laser and crafty with our supplies for the perfect mash-up of technology and art! Saturday, January 27. 10:00 AM-12:00 PM. $20/$25. Senior Discount $15/$19.
– Valentines Day – love it or hate it, its happening! Whether you want a gift for your sweetie, a sweet for your best friend, or to treat yourself, show you care with a laser-engraved jar dolled up as a gift box! Well provide an assortment of sweet treats to stuff your jar, plus training on using our laser to engrave glass with a personalized message and graphic! Friday, February 9, 6:30-8:30 PM. $15/$19. Senior Fee: $12/$15.
– Learn to use our laser to engrave wood in this fun workshop that lets you customize a pre-made cutting board with your own text or graphic! Makes a great gift, accent for your kitchen, or tool for entertaining – choose a family recipe, your favorite saying or poem, or even your favorite Harley and make it your own! Saturday, February 24, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM. $20/$25. Senior Fee: $15/$19.
– Brighten up your spring cleaning with a great accessory for any room in the house! Well provide seasoned, salvaged wood for you to laser-engrave with a special message and stain to your personal tastes, plus the hanging hardware you need to put it up at home! Further customize your sign with our quirky wood-scrap widgets for a unique piece that reflects your personality and interests. Ages 13 & up. $20/$25. Senior Fee: $15/$19.
Saturday, March 24, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
For a complete list of upcoming project workshops, check out ourbrochure(PDF), see ourFacebook pageor view thefull list of activities.
© City of Auburn l 25 W Main Street, Auburn, WA 98001 l